Cognos Data Manager Migration
IBM retired support for Cognos Data Manager in 2015, and replaced the ETL functionality with DataStage. PR3 is prepared to help existing Cognos Data Manager customers with expertise and guidance to make the transition as smooth as possible. This brief overview outlines the steps that PR3 is taking for Cognos Data Manager customers.
PR3 Systems can help you:
- Assess the existing ETL that Cognos Data Manager customers have created–catalogs, hierarchies, dimension builds, fact builds, job streams, etc.
- Estimate the scope of effort involved in moving to DataStage and developing new DataStage jobs.
- Analyze and determine the jobs that need to be recoded in DataStage.
- Develop DataStage jobs, perform integration and user acceptance testing, and complete the transition of running production ETL in Cognos Data Manager to DataStage.
- Enhance the current ETL process with DataStage parallel processing and other advanced techniques.
- Outline the training that is needed to be proficient in DataStage going forward and provide ongoing technical support
PR3 has a staff of senior consultants that have many years of DataStage experience that are also knowledgeable on Cognos Data Manager, so we can help customers through a customized migration path and make the transition as painless as possible. From the initial assessment phase to the point of meshing DataStage jobs into the enterprise data management architecture, PR3 is equipped to help.
Since our founding in 2003, PR3 Systems has trained hundreds of DataStage users in both the Essentials beginner course and the Advanced offering. We are also able to provide training on QualityStage, Information Analyzer, and other products in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server suite. We have put together some new course material and exercises specifically aimed at helping Cognos Data Manager shops transition over to DataStage.
PR3 recognizes that on occasion there is an inherent difference in the groups that generally run Cognos Data Manager vs. DataStage. Cognos Data Manager users may be “power users” inside a department where they are leveraging Cognos reporting for analytical purposes, whereas DataStage developers and architects are often part of the shared services/IT team who are charged with extracting and massaging data for population into the enterprise data warehouse. PR3 is adept at bridging multiple stakeholder groups in a company and smoothing the transition of who is performing the data management duties with coaching and guidance.
We will be offering a road map, migration tips and tricks, offshore options, training, and other resources to help Cognos Data Manager customers make the transition. Please call the PR3 Systems’ office at 630-364-1469 to learn more about our Cognos Data Manager program.